The Department of Information Technolohy provides information processing support by maintaining and expanding hardware systems capability and software applications, monitoring system efficiency and providing personal computer support needs, instructing staff in system operations and assisting in the acquisition and integration of new hardware and software.
Description of Services
The IT Department is responsible for developing the long-range technology strategy, which will guide the Town’s operation, and provide coordination and integration with third party software applications. The IT Department is tasked with primary responsibility for technology that will sustain, enhance, and extend the delivery of high quality, customer-focused service while maintaining and supporting a reliable, efficient and stable networked communication and data infrastructure, a secure data communication and telecommunications network. Its staff supports approximately 100 employees from 16 departments.
The IT Department maintains the integrity of data on the following software applications/DBMS (Database Management Systems):
- SoftRight– Financial Software;
- Vision – RE Appraisal Software Package;
- RRC – Personal Proproperty Software;
- MBS – Cemetery Software;
- EJ Ward Fuel Management System – DPW Fueling Management System;
- Access DB: Non-Criminal Database – Tracks ordinance violations;
- Access DB: Nurse Records Database;
- VTH – Official town website;
- Harpers – payroll system;
- MES Command Center – Parking Ticket database, and
> Other applications which the MIS Department assist on support and maintaining as well as advise on:
- IMC (Police & Fire);
- CodeRED (Fire) – Automated Phone Notification System; and
- Activu (EOC).