The Senior Citizen Volunteer Service/Tax Liability Reduction Program allows Seniors (60 and older), to volunteer their services in exchange for a reduction in their property tax bill.
General Policies and Procedures
- You must be a tax payer and 60 years of age or older during the tax year when volunteering is completed and the tax reduction is credited.
- You must have an ownership interest and reside in the property year round.
- Participants may earn a maximum reduction of $750.00 per fiscal year based on a rate per hour of service that cannot exceed the Commonwealth's minimum wage.
- Applicants must apply and be subject to the lottery process annually for participation in the program.
- Rules and guidelines will be reviewed periodically and changes will be made as necessary.
If you have any further questions, please call the Senior Center at: 617-846-8538