The risk of Coronavirus (COVID-19) remains low in our community.
We remind residents to be taking the following steps as a precaution:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Monitor children for good handwashing etiquette.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer and gels.
- Avoid close contact with those who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough and sneeze with your inner elbow.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces frequently.
In addition, if you have traveled to Italy, Iran, China, South Korea, and/or Japan we ask that you Self-Quarantine for 14 days upon arrival to the United States.
As this is an evolving situation, we are committed to keeping our community informed and updated. Many questions have arisen about self-quarantine. Please reference info below or call the Winthrop Department of Public Health @ 617-846-1852 x1061.