Laws, rules, and regulations pertaining to boating in Massachusetts can be found in the Mass General Laws, C.M.R.'s, local city/ town ordinances, and the Federal Boating Laws/ United States Code. Below are links to most boating laws in Massachusetts, Town of Winthrop waterways ordinances, and Federal boating regulations.
Links to Boating Laws:
- Town of Winthrop Waterways Ordinance
- Massachusetts General Laws Ch. 90B
- Massachusetts General Laws Ch. 102
- Mass. C.M.R.'s - 323 CMR 2.00
- Federal Boating Laws/ United States Code
Enforcement: In accordance with M.G.L. Ch. 90B sec 12, boating laws in Massachusetts are enforced by the Environmental Police, State Police, Harbormasters, Fish and Game Wardens, and Municipal Police Officers assigned to marine patrol. The Coast Guard enforces federal regulations on federally controlled waterways.