The IT Department is tasked with primary responsibility for technology that will sustain, enhance, and extend the delivery of high quality, customer-focused service while maintaining and supporting a reliable, efficient and stable networked communication and data infrastructure, a secure data communication and telecommunications network. Its staff supports approximately 100 employees from 16 departments.
The IT Department maintains the integrity of data on the following software applications/DBMS (Database Management Systems):
- SoftRight– Financial Software;
- Vision – RE Appraisal Software Package;
- RRC – Personal Proproperty Software;
- MBS – Cemetery Software;
- EJ Ward Fuel Management System – DPW Fueling Management System;
- Access DB: Non-Criminal Database – Tracks ordinance violations;
- Access DB: Nurse Records Database;
- VTH – Official town website;
- Harpers – payroll system;
- MES Command Center – Parking Ticket database, and
Other applications which the MIS Department assist on support and maintaining as well as advise on:
- IMC (Police & Fire);
- CodeRED (Fire) – Automated Phone Notification System; and
- Activu (EOC).