All recyclables including all glass, metal cans, plastics and aluminum and paper products, including newspapers, magazines and other paper in brown paper bags can be placed in your recycling container.
What to recycle?
- All glass, (bottles and jars)
- metal food cans (lids removed and washed)
- aluminum (trays and foil)
- paper products, including newspapers, magazines, junk mail, telephone books, office paper, cereal boxes
- plastic milk, juice and water jugs
- soda bottles
- detergent bottles
- bottles marked with numbers 1,2,3,5,6,7 and hdpe.
- Holiday Items
Items Accepted at the DPW on SATURDAY, MAY 4th AND SATURDAY OCTOBER 5th, 2019
- Motor oil
- car batteries
- oil filters
- cell phones
- post consumer mercury products such as termometers, themostats, weight/counterweight (in grandfather clocks) and some chemistry sets are free.
- Rimless tires are $5.00 each
- Oil based paint is $4.00 per gallon
- Propane tanks are $6.00 each
- Televisions and computers are $30.00 each
- Refrigerators/freezers and air conditioners are $35.00
- All other appliances are $25.00
You can now have your television or computer monitors picked up curb-side on the third Tuesday of the month (year round) with the purchase of a sticker (credit card, money order, or check only) available at DPW during normal business hours.
You may bring your boat shrink wrap to the DPW DURING REGULAR BUSINESS HOURS, beginning MAY 1st, 2019.